Thursday, January 15, 2009

In the mail


Yesterday, Helena returned to my studio after a very long and restful holiday in her home town of Miami. I caught her up with all the developments in that occurred on the project during her absence. There are about 200 4" x 6" version of the portraits I have arranged on the walls and tables in the studio. I have also created some large test prints. I explained to Helena, who was educated as a sculptor, about color balance and how I am unhappy with the color of these tests. I have days of calibrating my larger printer to try and get a more accurate and pleasing color.

Helena added portraits and notes to be mailed to Face of Brooklyn participants. She wondered if the addressed envelope looked official enough to entice people to open it right away and not discard it with the junk mail.

No comments: